Welcome to the second release of Microsoft 365 Security for IT Pros; a book covering all Microsoft 365 related security products and features. Whether you have a background in Office 365 and want to learn more about Microsoft's security offerings or are coming from the security side of things and want to explore more what Microsoft has to offer, this book is for you!
Last update: October, 2021. Subscribers receive monthly updates for this e-book.
This revamped edition ships with close to 800 pages full of practical information about Microsoft 365 and its various security features. The book not only explains what Microsoft's security solutions are, but also provides practical guidance detailing how to configure and operate the different products and features along with real-world examples from the authors' vast experience working with customers across the globe.
Because the book's contents are updated on a monthly basis, you will keep having up-to-date information, even as Microsoft's products change. As you can imagine, this can be a huge time saver. This is our commitment: We keep working hard to keep content fresh, so you don't have to.
Until the next edition is published, usually after a year, your subscription allows you to download updated content to keep pace with developments by Microsoft, which means that Microsoft 365 Security for IT Pros continues to be a valuable reference for you long after you first read it.
You can always download the latest files from your Gumroad account or by clicking the link in the receipt issued after you bought the book.
For more information, see https://m365securitybook.com/frequently-asked-questions/. Full details of changes made to the book are in our change log at https://m365securitybook.com/change-log/.
Nearing 800 pages, Microsoft 365 Security for IT Pros contains in-depth information on various products, features, and topics related to Microsoft 365, Azure Sentinel and security in general.
The chapters are:
1. Introduction. An introduction to security principles and Microsoft as a security vendor.
2. Securing Identities. How Azure Active Directory and its many features can help you further secure your identities.
3. Microsoft Defender for Identity. How to extend cloud security into your on-premises Active Directory.
4. Endpoint Management. Device Management, delivered through the cloud. The foundation for many other features and your zero-trust approach.
5. Securing Email. Basic email security, message authentication and how to secure Exchange Online and leverage Exchange Online Protection.
6. Microsoft Defender for Office 365. How to leverage Microsoft Defender for Office 365's capabilities to enhance security in Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams and OneDrive for Business.
7. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Endpoint Protection with Microsoft. Everything you wanted to know and more.
8. Cloud App Security. Everything about Cloud App Security and why it's so important in an end-to-end approach.
9. Microsoft 365 Defender. The glue that stitches everything together.
10. Microsoft Information Protection. Everything you wanted to know about labeling in Office 365, using the AIP Scanner, Data Loss Prevention and Sensitive Information Types.
11. Azure Sentinel. Perhaps not part of Microsoft 365, but a huge added value to your security operations. We just couldn't resist!
12. Real-world scenarios. A chapter dedicated to real-life examples and scenarios.
The sponsored chapter by Scappman, an upcoming ISV focusing on extending the app management of Microsoft Endpoint Manager, highlights the challenges of maintaining applications and how their solution can help you overcome many of those challenges.
Despite the vast amount of information in the book, we have kept it practical so that you can immediately turn contents of this book into real-world value and improve the security posture of your environment. Not a bad deal, if you as
Note: This is a subscription service. When you buy this book, you receive a subscription covering the current version of the book plus all updates we issue until the 2022 edition is superseded by the 2023 edition. We anticipate that this will happen in August 2022. At that time, we will make upgrades to the 2023 edition available to current subscribers at a reduced rate.
For more information about the book, its authors and other things, visit our website at https://m365securitybook.com.